A startup started recently in Hyderabad founded by ex-Tesla employee Rani Srinivas, makes cheap and affordable electric kits to convert old petrol/CNG autorickshaws in 3 hours.
Why Electric Vehicles are future ?
Electric vehicles (EVs) offer an opportunity to replace fossil fuels in the transport sector. Electrification of the transport sector can also bring benefits in terms of increased energy efficiency and reduced local pollution.
Advantages of using e-rickshaws vs rickshaws
- E-rickshaws contribute to zero contamination/Pollution.
- Maintenance price is cheaper [These e-rickshaw are mainly operated by lead acid battery which takes around 7-10 hours to charge fully and cost around 90-150 rupee (2-3$) for one full charge to driver.].
- A low running expense and easy to maintain.
- Smoother and prominent turning sweep.
- Earning high wages through less consumption.
Disadvantages of e-rickshaws the rickshaws
- Less Speed
- Less Weight
- Harmfull Batteries
- No Noise So Accident chance are higher
Statement From Rani Srinivas
“After working at Tesla for nearly three and a half years, I wanted to come back to India and venture into the electrification of the three-wheeler segment to address air and noise pollution. The biggest learning at Tesla was their outstanding technology. It’s simple, but such a differentiating factor. Their process and technology, which is so easy to maintain, reduces air and sound pollution in vehicles,” says Srinivas, speaking to The Better India.